Sunday 21 September 2014

Beauty | The Glamour beauty Power Box 2014

After falling in love with the first Glamour beauty box, I knew I needed the second one.


At £15.99 with free delivery for 7 products and a years free online subscriptions to Glamour magazine you really cannot go wrong. The reason why I love this beauty box is because you know exactly what your getting. There is no disappointing surprises. The box is available from Latest In Beauty here but be warned they only have limited numbers available.


I love how much care goes into the packaging, I'm a sucker for packaging!





The box contained the following products, I will be reviewing my favourites right here on my blog at a later date so keep your eyes peeled for those posts.


1. Philip Kingsley - Daily Damage defence
I don't tend to use a lot of heat on my hair so I have never bothered to purchase heat defence, I used to use the GHD one religiously when I had an addiction to straightners but since I have ditched them I have ditched the heat defence. I think this will come in handy on occasion but I doubt I will re-buy. The box comes with a 60ml bottle worth £7.50, the full size is 250ml and costs £22. Both are available to purchase here. 


2. James Read - Sleep Tan Mask
I am super excited to try this. As a self confessed tanaholic, the thought of a sleep in tan mask sounds like heaven. I will be sure to review this product after a few uses! The box came with a half size 25ml portion, the full 50ml is available here for £25.



3. Bourjois - Volume 1 Second Mascara
Bourjois describes this mascara as having a 'unique brush with spherical bristles to wrap every lash and straight bristles to create clump free definition.'. This is unlike my everyday mascara but I am intrigued to see the difference. The box included a full size mascara which is available here for £9.99.



4. Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer
I have had a real struggle with finding a primer that works for me, I have quite noticeable pours around the nose area which I hate and, so far I haven't been able to find a primer that works... and believe me I have tried a lot! The box comes with a 30ml sample size so hopefully I can test this out and see if theres a difference. Click here for the full size product at £29.



5. Eyeko - Mascara Off Wipes
Again, not something that I am likely to re purchase but Ideal for when I am away for a weekend! They come in a full size back of 10 which costs £6 which is quite pricey for 10 wipes so will be interesting to see how amazing these are. Buy here. 



6. Liz Earle - Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
 This is the reason why I needed this box, I have wanted to try this cleanser in forever but I always seem to run out of cleanser when I am broke as a joke and opt for my usual clean and clear bargain cleanser! This is the perfect opportunity to try this out before I decided wether or not to throw my hard earned cash at it. It comes in a variety of sizes and packages and the box included a 30Ml started kits available here for £5.50. The packaging is so amazing also which is always an added bonus.





7. Maybelline - Colour Sensation Stripped Nudes in 710 Bare sands
The new range on nude lipsticks from Maybelline are available in 6 different shades costing £6.99 each. I am quite disappointed in this product for a few reasons. The packaging is ugly and plain and the shade I received was way too pale for anyone - It reminds me of a collection 2000 shade I had back in the day called 'Birthday Suite' and results in lips that look like you've just finished eating a tub of hand cream.

Safe to say I wont be repurchasing this - It did come in a full size and is available here in all shades.




Did you get this beauty box? What was your favourite item?

Make sure you subscribe so not to miss the reviews!!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment