Sunday 29 June 2014

Beauty | Nails | Barry M - Arabian

For those of you who follow me on Instagram (@passion0527) then you may have seen that I made a few purchases last Friday after work. 

I had seen that Barry M had launched new limited edition colours, 2 for boots and 2 for super drug and I was intreaged.. Then I found out that boots were giving away one of their limited edition colours if you spend £6 or more on any Barry M products! 

Being a recovering member of acrylic nails anonymous (1 year clean) I have got really into Barry M nail paints. I love the price firstly at just £2.99 for such a wide selection of colours. But I also love how easy it is to apply and what how good quality they are. 

Up until recently the only, 'special effects' I'm going to call them, I had used was the crackle effect which I had loved at the time. Then when browsing for a colour to match a dress I discovered the gelly colours, then the matte and then low and behold the aquarium collection. You could say that I'm now a huge fan if the effects ranges. 


I have been a great lover of mermaids for as long as I can remember and more than most other things in the world I really wish mermaids were real. *Sobs at the fact I'll never be a mermaid* when I spotted this colour my first thought was omg mermaid nails I have to have it! 

Anyway back to the point.. I had been lusting over this and dying for a matte top coat for so long and when I saw the great deal with the free limited edition colour I new it was time to pop in store and throw my money at the sales assistant and give these beauties a loving new home. 

I was waiting for my nails to chip, for the first time ever I think, so that I could re-paint them in this colour.. so finally I got to do it. The colour went on effortlessly and with 2 thin layers looked amazing! In some lights it's very blue, others green, and it has lots of gold undertones! 


I finished it off with a clear top coat and it lasted on my nails around 3/4 days without any chips! Overall a great product which I would highly recommend to fellow mermaid lovers. 


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment